Skip to content Accessibility info

RV Insurance

from Chamberlain Insurance Agency

RV Insurance

The state of Oregon requires insurance for RVs and motorhomes just like it does for other motor vehicles. Even if you only use your RV for part of the year, you will be required to carry insurance to protect you and other motorists when you take it out on the road.

Insurance for RVs can be more complex than protection for cars and pickups, however. Some people carry a great deal of personal property in their RVs. Some use their RV as their primary residence for part or all of the year.

We encourage RV owners in Portland, Gresham, and Beaverton to get in touch for the right type of insurance coverage for their unique needs. We want you to drive legally on the road and also protect your investment when it comes to accidents, theft, and damage.

Help Us Build the Perfect RV Insurance Policy for You

Since everyone’s RV usage is different, we need to know more about your RV travel and living to create the ideal insurance policy. That’s why we typically ask about:

  • The make, model, and year of your RV
  • Your RV’s purchase price and value
  • All drivers for your RV and their driving records
  • Your motor vehicle and RV claims history
  • Where you intend to travel with your RV
  • Whether you want to use your RV as a residence or vacation vehicle
  • If you plan to tow anything with your RV
  • Where you garage your RV when you’re not using it
  • If your pets travel with you in your RV
  • If you keep valuable property inside your RV
  • Whether you’d like roadside assistance if you get stranded

There Are Many Types of RV Insurance

You’ll be amazed at how many types of RV insurance there is, but this benefits you when it comes to assembling a more customized policy.

Of primary concern is liability coverage. This covers bodily injury and property damage if you are at fault in an accident. It also covers you if you are in a crash with an uninsured motorist and offers personal injury protection to pay your own medical bills.

We also offer:

  • Collision insurance to cover repairs if you are at fault in an accident
  • Comprehensive insurance to cover theft, vandalism, and damage from fire or storms
  • Towing and labor coverage if your RV needs to go to the shop
  • Rental car reimbursement
  • Personal property replacement for belongings
  • Vacation liability (AKA “campsite” liability)
  • Roadside assistance
  • Full-time residence coverage (similar to a homeowner policy)

Be sure to let us know if you want to take your RV to Canada or Mexico, as your US policy won’t cover traveling in these countries. We can help you find the coverage you need when journeying outside the United States.

Independent Agents Offer More Options When It Comes to RV Insurance

There’s plenty to think about with RV and motorhome coverage, and we’ll help you work through it for the right coverage. You’ll find our independent agents at Chamberlain Insurance Agency have a much wider array of RV insurance products at their disposal than you get with big insurance companies.

Make sure you have the coverage you need before you hit the road in your RV. Call us at 503-256-1448, or reach out online today to get a quote.